Monday, March 2, 2009

Yet again, I need your help.

If you ask Rob he will tell you this same thing, but I am the most indecisive person, EVER. I just had to call him to make a decision about which hotel to reserve for my youth group. And now I need another decision to be made and I need help, so who better to ask than the people who read my blog (which I think is just about 4 people, but I'm linking this to my facebook page so maybe more people will respond).

First a little bit of background, on April 24 and 25 I am taking a group of 4th-6th graders downtown for a convention and part of that convention is a "Plug 'N' Play" thing where our group goes out for about 3 hours to hang out together and do really fun stuff. My dilemma is where should I take them? I like to think that I know a few things about the city and where we can go, but I want to take them somewhere that is REALLY neat and someplace they wouldn't usually go if they were downtown. Also, it has to be inexpensive. OH, and there is going to be 16 kids and 4 adults. I was thinking something like going to Eden Park, but what would we do there for 3 hours. Right now it just dawned on me, what about a scavenger hunt... that would be really fun!!

Well, if anyone out there has any ideas feel free to reply to this message.

And, if you are tired of helping me with my indecisiveness I'm going to blog tonight about an amazing thing that happened last weekend when Syd lost her tooth.

3 comments:

Kathy Flaugher said...

Eden Park, scavenger hunt (or any other outside activity) 4th - 6th graders April, outside ----- Sounds like a great idea to me! Maybe a back up plan in case of rain? Could you do a scavanger hunt at a mall? 4 groups of 4 kids with an adult each. Outside would be better, but.......

Kelly said...

You could have them look for certain things inside Krohn's Conservatory. It's free to go into. Just know that it closes at 5 p.m. each day and tends to be crowded on Saturday afternoons. If you're at Eden Park, make sure they bring food to feed the ducks at the duck pond portion of the park. It's hilarious to see the ducks attack people with food! (They don't really attack, but they do swarm you!) Or if you divide into teams where each adult is with a team and has a camera, they could do a photo scavenger hunt where they have tasks to perform. (Ex: team has to all go down the curly slide at the playground at the same time; or team has to build a human pyramid in front of Krohn's, etc.)

Chris Salley said...

I'm with this kelly person Krohn's is awesome and would be great for a scavenger hunt. You could also take them to the childrens museum in the CAC but that would probably cost money. The art museum is free too.