Let me give you some background to this post before I start. Last weekend, actually exactly a week from when I am typing this, I took 16 preteens (4th-6th graders) and 3 adults to a CIY convention (a humongous event for kids to learn more about Jesus.. to put it very simply). It was just ONE night, and even within 24 hours. However, this was everyone's first time doing something like this (including me and one of my adults) and I learned A LOT! Here are a few of them.
- Always tell children explicitly what is going to happen and when. Or you will have to repeat yourself 16 more times and the end result is like herding cats.
- You must take careful notes when talking to a parent about what they expect you to do for their kid and follow it to a tee. (I'm still waiting to see how this one ends up)
- If they are on stage they are immediately a star (this is probably even true for us adults, too) NOTE: I have a picture for this, but I left it on my other computer, I'll get if for you soon.
- A large Caramel Frappuccino can go a loooong way (but beware of the side effects)
- Sometimes you really just need a break...